It wasn’t the most spectacular week for Chad Schroeder’s Cocktails and Dreams in the 2017 FFPC Main Event, but it was good enough for him to keep a 30-plus point lead over Dave Asrani’s Redshirted squad. Schroeder once again was led by Todd Gurley’s 34.5 en route to a 137.65 Week 4 score.
Asrani moved up 11 spots to second, gaining a 1.8-point lead over Joe Stutesman’s Who Wants IV?, which remained in third for the second straight week. Don Metter’s winner winner chicken dinner also moved up from ninth into fourth with Jack Haan’s Wyld Stallyns slipping from second to fifth.
For a look at the top 20 teams in the Main Event, check out the list below:
- Cocktails and Dreams VII Chad Schroeder 710.55
- Redshirted ME 2 DAVEAsr 675.4
- Who Wants IV? JoeStux 673.6
- winner winner chicken dinner DonMet 669.95
- Wyld Stallyns Jack Haan 667.5
- Cracker Packers RonHacker 663.2
- Grand Theft Kimra 662.8
- No Mercy BrianOwe 661
- Ground and Pound (J) DannyMue 656.25
- Cocktails and Dreams VI Chad Schroeder 652.8
- Gambler & A Giver RussAxe 652.25
- Manual Stimulation MattKei 652.2
- UB 1 BrianPet 642.95
- 2 Gr8ts 4 THE GAME 2 Jay Reid 639.1
- Chip and a Bear eadano 638.9
- Smokin Acces cmdi041 638.45
- Ship it! Margrave 635.7
- 8th Wonder slaner 633.75
- No Mercy BrianOwe 632.85
- Royale with Cheese DarrenSum 630.9
Despite taking his first loss of the season, Dallas Grimes kept his KC Deacons in first place in the 2017 Footballguys Players Championship. Led in scoring by Todd Gurley, the Deacons saw their lead shrink to 13.4 over Dwain McFarland’s S2YB 10. Our guest on last week’s High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, Grimes was still able to tally a 133.55 score this past weekend.
McFarland is up on third place Larry Erlichman’s AP15 by 11.4 points, and Justin Hull and Mark Garcia’s Ptery squad moved up from ninth to fourth. You can listen to Hull and Garcia break down their team this Friday on the HSFF Hour. Rounding out the top five is Michael Cobb’s Boss Savage!!, which fell from second to fifth this week.
Here is the list of the top-40 teams in the FPC going into Week 5:
- KC Deacons DallasGri 718.8
- S2YB 10 dwainmcf 705.4
- AP15 Innlarry 694
- Ptery II MakeMonayMonay 692.7
- Boss Savage!! MichaelCobb 691.35
- JD Harmeyer RonnieMund 680.35
- AP13 Innlarry 677.7
- Atom Bombs AdamGro 676.2
- Go Big Or Don’t Go At All J Henson 675.65
- Hulking Out donkurj 675.35
- Wiley Tigers GregoryPig 675.3
- Nat King Cobra IX powerpig 675.05
- Tootin’ Gluten Scrapman07 673.25
- Sedona Scorpions XVII SUDZ 670.8
- 9/5 FBG Primetimeandydalton 667.3
- Addie KurtPau 666
- Mr Stats 3 MrStats 665.9
- 35 Heisenberg CJH 663.7
- G&B Enterprises PaulGro 661.8
- Jb/Ib10 ybwz 661.1
- GurlScout350 OHFBSCOUT 660.55
- Straight Cash Homie Bramult 659.15
- Chef Cooks Cobber 657.9
- Hogs Smell Good FPC MichaelCobb 655.45
- Hammerheads 12 DanThox 655.25
- 33 Jack CJH 654.4
- Spaghetti and Lo Mein Pinnacle4ever 652.65
- DAK2TheRescue MichaelSad 652.15
- KEVINJOCO FBGPC VI KEVINJOCO 650.9
- BADGES, WE DON’T NEED NO STINKING BADGES MALLONS InVADERS 650.45
- JettsonDean joshnco9 649.25
- Free Fall 50 #5 Jack Haan 647.75
- lion makilabraham 647.5
- Nat King Cobra VII powerpig 647.25
- UMNRaider FPCR UMNRaider 646.55
- Str8CashHomey AuctionSports 645.95
- Celebrity Meat Heads loldenburg8 645.95
- RJK4 RJK 644.95
- Black & Gold David77901 643.6
- Azzurri Azzurri 643.4
A reminder that all FFPC Main Event, Footballguys Players Championship, Classic, Victory Point, Dynasty and other managed leagues have waivers TONIGHT, Wednesday, Ocotober 4th at 10 p.m. ET. A second weekly waiver period processes on Friday night at 10 p.m. ET.
- IMPORTANT: You can only get one player per bid group. Once you get a player in that group, all other bids are voided. If you want to get multiple players, you will need multiple bid groups and multiple players to drop.
- If you have multiple teams, please handle bidding with a single team in a single browser for now.
- Every team has $1,000 bidding dollars to spend. This needs to last for the entire season.
- There are no $0 bids, so please bid $1 or more.
To place bids:
- From the league home page, click on TEAM. You will see the Bid Groups section on your Set Lineup page.
- You can click on the ‘Create Bid Group’ button on the Set Lineup page to create a new group. From there you simply need to 1) add the player(s) to the group, 2) specify the bid amount for each player, 3) select the players to drop and 4) click Save.
- Bid groups can be copied and then edited as a new group.
- Bid amounts can be edited quickly and easily.
- Players are default sorted by 2017 stats and can be sorted by position.
- Don’t forget to include a player to drop in every bidding group.
Find a Free Agent Feature on MyTeams Page
If you are looking for a certain free agent, you can use the player search feature on the MyTeams page and it will tell you if he is rostered or not and who owns him. This is helpful for owners that have multiple teams and are looking for a priority free agent.
Waivers Open on Sundays at 9 a.m.
In addition to leading the Main Event, Schroeder also finds himself in first place in the Big Payback #2 league as well. With 14 victory points on the season, Schroeder’s 585.7 points were helped by Gurley and Russell Wilson’s (32.55) performances this past week. Wilson was also on the first place BB squad in Big Payback #3. Blake Bohn’s and Aalok Arora’s team also rode Le’Veon Bell’s 34.6 to their 14th victory point and 556.4 season-long points total.
Staying ahead of everyone else in the Big Payback #1 was Bruce Kinder’s COBALTO, which has tallied 12 victory and 545.3 points on the year. In Week 4, Kinder’s team was led by Aaron Rodgers’ 24.85 points. Each champion in these three 12-team leagues will pocket $25,000 at the end of the year.
This coming Thursday morning, remember to check out Rotoviz Radio‘s The High-Stakes Lowdown podcast with David Hubbard talking about the Packers’ running backs as well as 2013 FFPC Main Event champs Joe and Jason Reither discussing their squad this year, Will Fuller, Leonard Fournette and much more.
You can check out a new episode of The High-Stakes Lowdown every Thursday on Rotoviz.com, Rotoviz Radio’s BlogTalkRadio channel or iTunes. I’d also encourage you to check out all of the other great podcasts that Rotoviz Radio has to offer including Fantasyland, a show that has already featured many FFPC players as well.
Sitting in fourth place after four weeks of action in the 2017 Footballguys Players Championship, are Justin Hull and Mark Garcia. They drop in the HSFF Hour this week to break down how they built their squad, why DeAndre Hopkins made for a great second round pick, Todd Gurley’s dynasty value and a bunch more!
The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour normally airs Friday nights at 10/9c. You can always catch the replay of our show on the Fantasy Sports Radio Network as well as terrestrial radio stations all over North America in syndication. Plus, on-demand streaming is available for listening anytime via iTunes, YouTube, Google Play, Stitcher Radio, TuneIn Radio, Spreaker, or Overcast as well.
More news this week from us on managing your lineups better. You can now edit future lineups from one page in your FFPC leagues! Set those lineups in advance and make sure you are ready to go in case you can’t get to them in time before kickoff of weeks in the future. Check it out and let us know what you think.
Also, for any of you who are wondering about J.D. McKissic’s position this week, he will remain a wide receiver for the remainder of the season in accordance with FFPC rules. This was the same application that Ty Montgomery received last year as well. The FFPC does not change or add positional eligibility in the middle of the year so that a level playing field is in place for the entire drafting and fantasy seasons for all players.
The Fantasy Football Players Championship