New week but same story in the 2017 FFPC Main Event, as Don Metter’s winner winner chicken dinner’s 144.45 kept him ahead of second place Ron Hacker’s Cracker Packers. Led by Carson Wentz’s 26.75 along with 24.4 from Todd Gurley and DeAndre Hopkins’ 20.6, Metter continues to stay atop the rest of the competition for the third consecutive week.
Tom Wentzel’s O’Doyle Rules shot up to third place from 14th with Joe Stutesman’s Who Wants IV? ascending from eighth to fourth. Rounding out the top five this week was Bo Berman’s Esquires, just 4.3 points out of the third spot.
For a look at the top 20 teams in the Main Event, check out the list below:
- winner winner chicken dinner DonMet 1467
- Cracker Packers RonHacker 1424.55
- O’Doyle Rules TomWen 1397.7
- Who Wants IV? JoeStux 1397.2
- Esquires 1 bo berman 1393.4
- Straight Outta Whatcom MatthewJon 1390.8
- Redshirted ME 2 DAVEAsr 1387.05
- Gridiron Mojo WilliamBra 1382.8
- MB Squad mtb821 1382.35
- Mother of Dragons 2 nelsonver 1380.7
- UB 1 BrianPet 1379
- Terminal Gravity MANCL 1376.75
- Team Zwickel gzwick26 1373.3
- Naked Boot Legs 2 ShellyFos 1366.6
- Cocktails and Dreams VII Chad Schroeder 1365.95
- We Diggs yo Girl theluckyshow 1365.15
- I guess we are stuck drafting on Thursday at 12:30 nsusaint 1364.15
- HEF1 MarkHef 1348.5
- Roger Goodell has a Big Butt bubmack 1345.15
- Royale with Cheese DarrenSum 1341.1
The 2017 Footballguys Players Championship features the same leader again after Week 9 that it has had for the previous two weeks as well. Michael Cobb’s Boss Savage!! got several great performances from Alvin Kamara (33.42), Matthew Stafford (26.05), Gurley and Christian McCaffrey (20.4) to widen his lead over second place Addie owned by Kurt Paul.
Gregory Pignatelli’s Wiley Tigers moved up to 3rd from 12th place while Matthew Puskarich’s UMNRaider slipped a bit from second to fourth. Adam Grossman’s Atom Bombs also fell one spot to fifth after nine weeks of action.
Here is the list of the top-40 teams in the FPC heading into Week 10:
- Boss Savage!! MichaelCobb 1520.05
- Addie KurtPau 1467.65
- Wiley Tigers GregoryPig 1456.75
- UMNRaider FPCR UMNRaider 1442.15
- Atom Bombs AdamGro 1442
- Rum_Ham 6 out rabbott411 1440
- TIGER 21 Sunshine 1437.1
- Czar Lahr Czar Lahr 1434.4
- Ptery III MakeMonayMonay 1431
- Jb/Ib10 bo berman 1425.5
- 1.21 Jigawatts SteveSchx 1422.3
- Ramathorn 730 Irondog4 1422
- Killer Canaries DavidD13 1420.55
- lion makilabraham 1419.1
- Irish Curtain kbarnhardt 1418.85
- Other Side of the Pillow dcupps2000 1413.7
- JD Harmeyer RonnieMund 1413
- Jagaloons Robbnoye 1412.8
- Ptery II MakeMonayMonay 1407.3
- GPMP Stars Theillmessiah 1407
- AP15 Innlarry 1403.75
- Whodat4 AndrewRes 1403.5
- Spaghetti and Lo Mein Pinnacle4ever 1403.2
- Sideline Sage RogerGon 1403.05
- G&B Enterprises PaulGro 1400.7
- Footballigans Agrich 1398.95
- StuPrice Marcelreece 1398.45
- Crusty Tube Socks ashatek 1397.9
- BearJew & Donkey VI EricYou 1396.4
- KC Deacons DallasGri 1396.25
- Black & Gold David77901 1396.1
- AP13 Innlarry 1395.1
- Muncie Jeds Blue megapowers 1394.85
- Alley Cat 2 Bandit 1394.05
- Serenity Now RickRam 1393.5
- Ball So Hard Ryan Pohle 1392.6
- KC Deacons DallasGri 1391.3
- JettsonDean joshnco9 1390.05
- The Nibiru lV JDarling 1385.05
- MEAN MACHINE CoachBiggie 1380.55
Getting into the top-10 of the 2017 Footballguys Players Championship is no small task, and Ryan Pohle talks with David A. Gerczak and me to share exactly how he’s done that. The guys also explore the merits of waiting on a quarterback, whether Will Fuller can be dropped, what Amari Cooper’s true dynasty value is and much more. Plus we examine the 2017 Fantasy Football Players Championship Main Event after nine weeks of play as well.
The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour normally airs Friday nights at 10/9c. You can always catch the replay of our show on the Fantasy Sports Radio Network as well as terrestrial radio stations all over North America in syndication. Plus, on-demand streaming is available for listening anytime via iTunes, YouTube, Google Play, Stitcher Radio, TuneIn Radio, Spreaker, or Overcast as well.
Tomorrow morning, remember to check out Rotoviz Radio‘s The High-Stakes Lowdown podcast with Mike Kuzma, the 2016 Footballguys Players Championship $250,000 winner. We discuss which (if any) Broncos are startable, his team near the top of the leaderboard in the Main Event and more! Plus Nelson Sousa, the 2016 FFPC Main Event co-champ, discusses the drop in Kareem Hunt’s workload and taking some chances with lineup submissions to sneak into the playoffs.
You can check out a new episode of The High-Stakes Lowdown every Thursday on Rotoviz.com, Rotoviz Radio’s BlogTalkRadio channel or iTunes. I’d also encourage you to check out all of the other great podcasts that Rotoviz Radio has to offer including Fantasyland, a show that has already featured many FFPC players as well.
T.Y. Hilton’s 34.5 led the way with Kamara, Gurley and Hopkins also helping Chad Schroeder’s Cocktails and Dreams to a 165.3 score in Week 9. The tally gives Schroeder 25 victory points and 1227.2 points on the season, both good for tops in the league. In addition to the weekly prizes in this format, the overall champion of this 12-team league will take home a $10,000 grand prize.
After two consecutive six-team bye weeks, things get a little more back to normal this weekend. Here are the teams that are out of action in Week 10:
- Kansas City
And for a look at last week’s waiver wire results, check out the stats at the link to Fantasy Mojo below:
On behalf of Dave, Alex and Chris, a big thank you goes out to all of our veterans out there from the FFPC. No matter if you’re still in active duty or retired from the service, we appreciate everything you’ve done for this country and us so that we can enjoy playing fantasy football and our lives in general.
I encourage all of you to take a few minutes out of your Saturday to shake a vet’s hand and tell him or her how thankful you are for the sacrifices they have made in their lives. Thanks again!
This is the week, players! QBs, RBs, WRs and TEs which are cut during Week 10, Week 11 and Week 12 free agent bidding processes will be REMOVED from the free agent pool and may not be re-acquired by any team for the remainder of the season. Dropped defenses and kickers will still be available for acquisition. This is done to minimize the possibility of potential collusion.
And as a reminder, even if injuries or other issues derailed your 2017 season, make sure you are still setting your lineups! Please don’t anger the fantasy gods, and keep karma on your side for 2018 by being competitive this weekend the rest of the season. 🙂
Good luck in your bids tonight players, and I’ll see you in the chat room Friday night!
The Fantasy Football Players Championship