Don Metter’s stranglehold on the 2017 FFPC Main Event finally ended this past weekend as Monty Phan and Matt Jones’ Straight Outta Whatcom snatched the regular season points title with a 177.55 Week 11 score. The Ravens defense (28), Mark Ingram (24.5), Latavius Murray (22.6), Jarvis Landry (21.5) and Davante Adams (20.6) led the way for Phan (who is co-hosting the HSFF Hour with yours truly Friday night) and Jones who won $2500 for their efforts.
Metter’s winner winner chicken dinner will begin the Championship Round just 4.8 points behind Phan and Jones. Tom Wentzel’s O’Doyle Rules ascended four spots to third with Eric Randall’s I guess we are stuck drafting on Thursday at 12:30 slipping one spot to fourth. Rounding out the top five as we head to the league playoffs is Clint Coyne’s Smokin Acces as it shot up 12 spots from last weekend.
Here are the top 20 teams after the completion of the Main Event’s regular season, along with the cash prizes for each team for their overall performance in the first 11 weeks:
- Straight Outta Whatcom MatthewJon 1760.75 $2,500
- winner winner chicken dinner DonMet 1755.95 $2,000
- O’Doyle Rules TomWen 1714.3 $1,500
- I guess we are stuck drafting on Thursday at 12:30 nsusaint 1708.75 $1,000
- Smokin Acces cmdi041 1708.2 $750
- Cracker Packers RonHacker 1686.65 $500
- Esquires 1 bo berman 1684.25 $500
- UB 1 BrianPet 1677.45 $500
- Team Zwickel gzwick26 1670.15 $500
- Ampipe Bulldogs FelixLaPubelle 1669.75 $500
- Roger Goodell has a Big Butt bubmack 1666.8
- Laces Out DannyGipx 1665
- Redshirted ME 2 DAVEAsr 1662.55
- Royale with Cheese DarrenSum 1661.8
- Who Wants IV? JoeStux 1657.75
- The Mighty Underdogs davidwal 1657.45
- Gridiron Mojo WilliamBra 1655.5
- Cocktails and Dreams III Chad Schroeder 1650.05
- Golden Sack ActionJaxson18 1648.95
- Terminal Gravity MANCL 1645.2
Boss Savage!! owned by Michael Cobb lost another nailbiter this week, but his Week 11 153.4 tally was enough to give him the regular season points title in the 2017 Footballguys Players Championship. Antonio Brown’s 42.4, Alvin Kamara’s 25.6 and Carson Wentz’s 23.7 were the major contributions this week for Cobb’s $3,000 payday.
Jannet Thomas-Dodds’ TIGER 21 shot up three spots to finish the regular season in second place. William Ferracane’s Ramathorn 730 vaulted up from 11th to third, and Keith Barnhardt’s Irish Curtain moved up from eighth to fourth. Last week’s guest on the HSFF Hour, Rob Abbott, saw his Rum_Ham 6 out complete the top five after 11 weeks of play.
As we head towards the league playoffs in the FPC, here is how the top-40 leader board shakes out. Cash prizes won for regular season performance are listed next to the winners:
- Boss Savage!! MichaelCobb 1795.7 $3,000
- TIGER 21 Sunshine 1780.65 $2,000
- Ramathorn 730 Irondog4 1760.5 $1,500
- Irish Curtain kbarnhardt 1758.25 $1,000
- Rum_Ham 6 out rabbott411 1757.55 $750
- Wiley Tigers GregoryPig 1752.75 $500
- Black & Gold David77901 1750.4 $500
- 1.21 Jigawatts SteveSchx 1748.15 $500
- Atom Bombs AdamGro 1747.45 $500
- Sideline Sage RogerGon 1739.3 $500
- Ptery III MakeMonayMonay 1738.05
- Jb/Ib10 bo berman 1737.75
- Straight Cash Homie Bramult 1735.5
- Addie KurtPau 1730.45
- Footballigans Agrich 1724.85
- lion makilabraham 1722.65
- Jagaloons Robbnoye 1722.5
- UMNRaider FPCR UMNRaider 1722.15
- Hulking Out donkurj 1718.9
- BearJew & Donkey VI EricYou 1718.65
- Killer Canaries DavidD13 1717.8
- Czar Lahr Czar Lahr 1717.45
- Other Side of the Pillow dcupps2000 1715.25
- Cock-of-the-Rock MichaelCobb 1712.35
- AP15 Innlarry 1708.15
- The Messiah TheMessiah 1707.15
- MEAN MACHINE CoachBiggie 1699.5
- Snuggles’ Accountant IV carlvdh 1699.3
- StuPrice Marcelreece 1697.75
- GPMP Stars Theillmessiah 1697.55
- F6-I’ll Drive If We Walk!! MikeFor 1694.95
- Hagar01 wjwien 1691.65
- Grasper rdiaz72us 1688.75
- Ptery II MakeMonayMonay 1686.95
- T-N-T Tim -n- Jill Daneau 1685.05
- SojoSoldiers 10.0 TimothyKec 1684.15
- G&B Enterprises PaulGro 1684.05
- PnP2 Jake220 1680.9
- Redemption of Golden Sack 2 ActionJaxson18 1680.85
- Hampton Beach Warriors AnthonyVen 1679.35
Fresh off his 2017 Fantasy Football Players Championship Main Event regular season points title, Monty Phan co-hosts the show in place of David A. Gerczak this Friday. We’ll recap all of the Thanksgiving Dya games and help you get your 2017 Footballguys Players Championship playoff lineups submitted. Plus Phan will talk about how he built the team that’s currently leading the Main Event and much more!
The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour normally airs Friday nights at 10/9c. You can always catch the replay of our show on the Fantasy Sports Radio Network as well as terrestrial radio stations all over North America in syndication. Plus, on-demand streaming is available for listening anytime via iTunes, YouTube, Google Play, Stitcher Radio, TuneIn Radio, Spreaker, or Overcast as well.
While you’re submitting lineups the morning of Turkey Day, remember to check out Rotoviz Radio‘s The High-Stakes Lowdown podcast with Chris Puchowicz, a player who has cashed more than $40,000 in his career at the FFPC. In the episode, we talk about whether Kenny Stills is a good start if Matt Moore remains the quarterback, who he likes better between Latavius Murray and Jerrick McKinnon and his three top-100 FPC teams’ chances for the $250,000. Plus 2016 Main Event champ Nelson Sousa previews his league playoffs as well as discusses Eric Ebron’s resurgence and more.
You can check out a new episode of The High-Stakes Lowdown every Thursday on Rotoviz.com, Rotoviz Radio’s BlogTalkRadio channel or iTunes. I’d also encourage you to check out all of the other great podcasts that Rotoviz Radio has to offer including Fantasyland, a show that has already featured many FFPC players as well.
Since we last checked in, not much has changed as the Boobs: Love ‘Em! franchise continues to pace the 2017 FFPC Bare Knuckle Challenge with a commanding 201-point lead over Main Event co-leader Matt Jones’s Straight Outta Whatcom. Kirk Cousins (29.2), the Baltimore defense, Brandin Cooks (26.9), LeSean McCoy (25.6) and Rishard Matthews (22.3) all helped lift the Boobs to rack up a huge 209.4 Week 11 tally.
This draft took place live after the opening game in Las Vegas on Thursday night at Planet Hollywood. Players were not allowed to use any device, cheat sheets or any other draft aid as all 336 picks needed to be selected strictly from memory. The champ will take home a $4,500 prize in this 12-team league.
Congratulations to you if you qualified for your league playoffs!
Please remember that stats are not final until Friday, and the NFL may issue changes as they do weekly.
If this should occur, stat changes may impact head-to-head results and playoff seeds which will then be adjusted retroactively, even though Week 12 games will begin Thursday. We encourage everyone to set their lineups for Week 12, especially if you have been involved in a close head-to-head game or missed the playoffs by the slimmest of margins.
The four (4) qualifying league playoff teams will be able to continue free agency on Wednesday and Friday in Week 12 & 13. All other teams no longer have access to free agency.
Any team which did not qualify for either the Championship Round or the Consolation Round will compete in the Toilet Bowl. The Toilet Bowl will run during NFL Weeks 12 through Weeks 16. Each team will start the Toilet Bowl with a zero score. Toilet Bowl winner(s) will be determined based on each team’s total points scored during Weeks 12 through Weeks 16.
Should you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a look at last week’s waiver wire results, check out the stats at the link to the Fantasy Mojo site below:
As a reminder, all FFPC dynasty and satellite teams, as well as all league playoff teams in the Main Event and Footballguys Players Championship can submit waivers for processing both Wednesday night and Friday night this week.
All regular season cash prizes will be deposited into your player profile accounts this weekend after the Week 11 stats become final.
There is a quick turnaround this week between waivers getting processed and the kickoff of the first Thanksgiving Day game. I would encourage each of you to get those newly-bought players on waivers Wednesday night into your lineups as early as possible so you’re not scrambling to do so on Thursday when family and food take priority. 🙂
On behalf of Chris, Alex and Dave, I want to wish you each of you an enjoyable Thanksgiving with family, friends, and football. It’s a huge privilege to run these leagues every year, and we could not be more thankful for all of your support of them. We will never be able to say it to you enough, but thank you, players!!
Have a great Thanksgiving, and I’ll see you in the chat room Friday night!
The Fantasy Football Players Championship