The 2018 FFPC Main Event, has now reached the final week of the regular season, and a familiar face is once again atop all others. Kurt Kuekes and his Altadena Assassin squad widened its lead to 96 points over Chad Schroeder’s Cocktails and Dreams squads that currently sit in second and third overall. Thanks to Tyreek Hill (32.7), Todd Gurley (25) and Patrick Mahomes (22.55), Kuekes was able to tally a 157.55 Week 10 score.
PrizeLock, owned by Craig Magnuson, remained in fourth for the second straight week with Brandon Shamy’s Gmen moving up one spot to fifth. To hear Shamy talk about his team and more, stream last week’s edition of The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour when he was our guest.
For a look at the top 20 teams in the Main Event, check out the list below:
- Altadena Assassin IV SUDZ 1909.8
- Cocktails and Dreams XIV chadsch23 1813.65
- Cocktails & Dreams XXIII chadsch23 1810.35
- PrizeLock CraigMag 1788
- Gmen bshamy 1767.4
- #11 Alexandra the Great MichaelGio 1761.95
- TJ s Butthole Bangers TWells324 1759.75
- Cocktails & Dreams XXVII chadsch23 1752.1
- West Coast Quakes Kimra 1747.65
- JettsonDean joshnco9 1747.2
- MadKats 8 AbdulazizMad 1743.95
- Straight Pearls Kimra 1737
- Baby F’ING Whale kramercentric 1736.05
- Coach’s & Billy’s Mission Scott Johnson 1733.9
- Commando Fro ChristopherHart 1715.2
- MarissChris 2 DavidMar 1711.65
- Fat Frankie Inc M1 johnpierce80 1710.9
- Eiferted… Wait I Have A Thielen It’s Kareemy theluckyshow 1707.95
- Luck In The Air DanSei 1704.6
- Sideline Sage RogerGon 1702.55
Guy Morrell’s Moe’s Dawgs was tops again after Week 10 in the 2018 Footballguys Players Championship. as his squad notched a 180.95 on the scoreboard. Leading the effort was Zach Ertz’s superhuman 47.5, as well as Hill, Gurley and Aaron Rodgers’ 20.05. Morrell now has a 99-point lead over Blake Johnston’s Bio-Dome Scientists going into the final week of the competition’s regular season.
Steve Bumpas’ Roadkings remained in third place for the second consecutive week with Abraham Makil’s lino ascending from 11th into fourth place. Tim and Brad Kruse’s undefeated Dr J entry rounds out the top five for the third week in a row as well.
Here is the list of the top-40 teams in the FPC right now:
- Moe’s Dawgs #2 GuyM 1941.45
- Bio-Dome Scientists BioDomeScientists 1842.45
- Roadkings 4 SteveBum 1831.5
- lion makilabraham 1812.65
- Dr J TimKru 1809.6
- dream team robinlayhue 1803.85
- Vader FBG4 Saquon ODB AT JC JUJU Mikepor21 1784.7
- GOATS JAZZ 1782.9
- Confusion RobVJ 1778.5
- Bullseye Redrambroncoskins 1777.55
- LA FLAMA BLANCA ndraid73 1775.9
- Ironmen ant1075 1774.1
- PES FPC 2 MatthewLiv 1770.55
- The Mercy of Thanos HudsonKer 1769.15
- More Random Name RobVJ 1767
- Cocktails and Dreams XI chadsch23 1765.25
- Cocktails and Dream XVII chadsch23 1762.1
- Terminal Gravity MANCL 1760.6
- McGibblets Gruz 1760.15
- Pgh Fab 4 Dave Chiodo 1760
- Think Big and Kick Ass The Tickler 1756.45
- Rum_Ham 3’s Please rabbott411 1752.2
- Heavy Metal SlimPickens 1751.65
- CrakRok112 CrakRok 1750.9
- TD shelbjstew 1750.35
- E2A 22 DavidHub 1744.4
- All Storms 2 DaveKoe 1743.9
- Eclass EricWil 1742.4
- Dynomite smoky 1739.95
- Gettysburg Gamblerz uwilose 1736.25
- Float On Lou Tranquilli 1734.95
- Fade CJH 1734.85
- NJRBOYS III vinnydds 1734.25
- Better than 12th IsaacMar 1734.15
- Moe’s Dawgs #3 GuyM 1734
- Mystery Tramp Who Owns Moon? Space Lawyer Answers David Fowler 1733.45
- Ignite the Bern 2020! ashatek 1731
- Splittin Hare’s mwhare 1730.95
- Let It Be AlwaysOpen7 1730.75
- Jacking Goff To Gurley Pics StevenRiz 1729.9
It’s our final six-team bye week of the season (thankfully), players. Here are the teams that are out of action this weekend:
And for a look at last week’s waiver details, check out the results at the link to Fantasy Mojo below:
Don’t forget to check out Rotoviz Radio‘s The High-Stakes Lowdown podcast tomorrow morning to hear from Steve Rizas who sits in 40th place in the 2018 Footballguys Players Championship. We talk about how good Josh Reynolds can be in the wake of the Kupp injury, whether Josh Doctson is a guy you should contemplate starting and much more.
You can check out a new episode of The High-Stakes Lowdown every Thursday on Rotoviz.com, Rotoviz Radio’s BlogTalkRadio channel and Apple Podcasts. I’d also encourage you to check out all of the other great podcasts that Rotoviz Radio has to offer including Fantasyland, a show that has already featured many FFPC players and covers our live events at Planet Hollywood, too.
The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour normally airs Friday nights at 10/9c, and the next episode can be heard here. You can hang out with the high stakes players in the show’s chat room if you want to listen live. Plus, on-demand streaming is available for listening anytime via the HSFF Hour website, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, TuneIn Radio, Spreaker, or Overcast on your iPhone or Android device as well.
As a reminder, quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers and tight ends that are cut during Week 10, Week 11 and Week 12 free agent bidding processes will be REMOVED from the free agent pool and may not be re-acquired by any team for the remainder of the season. Dropped defenses and kickers will still be available for acquisition. This is done to minimize the possibility of potential collusion.
And as a reminder, even if injuries or other issues derailed your 2018 season, make sure you are still setting your lineups! Please don’t anger the fantasy gods, and keep karma on your side for 2019 by being competitive this weekend the rest of the season. 🙂
Brian Owens’ No Mercy squad is out in front of the Big Payback League #1 heading into Week 11. He has already amassed 37 victory points on the season and was able to tally a 192.75 last weekend. Ertz, Hill and Gurley all led the charge for him there.
Over in Big Payback #2, it’s Left or Right? I forgot ahead of the pack with 34 victory points in 2018. Todd Range’s 161.35 Week 10 score was helped along by Mitchell Trubisky’s 39.55, Mark Ingram’s 25.2 and Gurley.
Kimra Schleicher has her Grand Theft team still in first in Big Payback #3 as well. Thanks to her 146.7 this past weekend, she has accrued 29 victory points on the year. Ben Roethlisberger (39.1) and Gurley were the big contributors for her in Week 10.
All three of these drafts were held live at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas at the FFPC Live Events in September. Each champion in these three 12-team leagues will pocket $25,000 at the end of the year.
One of the most important weeks of the season is upon us, as the FFPC Main Event and the FPC hold our final regular season games. Remember, the playoff seeds are determined by the following criteria:
- The team with the best record
- The remaining team with the highest point total
- The remaining team with the best record
- The remaining team with the highest point total
As you can see, points are huge this week. Teams with losing records could make the playoffs if they score enough points, so make sure you are finishing out your season strong. If you look at both contests, there are still a lot of teams in contention for a playoff spot heading into Week 11. And even if your squad doesn’t move on to the playoffs, you will start accruing points for the Toilet Bowl competition beginning in Week 12.
As a reminder, you can see the Playoff bracket by clicking on the PLAYOFF tab on the league home page, next to the STANDINGS tab.
In case you have any questions or want to check something at a moment’s notice, I will be including this section of the email every week. While you are ramping up for the 2018 season, consider this your guide to all things FFPC:
Good luck in your bids tonight players, and I’ll see you in the chat room Friday night!
The Fantasy Football Players Championship