As we head into Week 4 of the 2017 FFPC Main Event, we see a familiar name at the top of the leaderboard. Our 2008 Main Event champ Chad Schroeder’s Cocktails and Dreams took over the top spot thanks to Todd Gurley’s 37.9, Odell Beckham’s 28.9, Dalvin Cook’s 27.9, Kareem Hunt’s 25.3, Carlos Hyde’s 24.4, Chris Hogan’s 22.8 and Matt Prater’s 20.7. Schroeder now holds a significant 31.6-point lead over second place Jack Haan’s Wyld Stallyns.
Joe Stutesman’s Who Wants IV? sits in third place, a mere .25 points behind Haan with Matt Keifling’s Manual Stimulation coming in fourth. For the second consecutive week, Brian Owens’ No Mercy is in fifth place.
For a look at the top 20 teams in the Main Event, check out the list below:
- Cocktails and Dreams VII Chad Schroeder 572.9
- Wyld Stallyns Jack Haan 541.3
- Who Wants IV? JoeStux 535.05
- Manual Stimulation MattKei 525.6
- No Mercy BrianOwe 523.2
- Cracker Packers RonHacker 515.2
- Grand Theft Kimra 512.1
- Smokin Acces cmdi041 507.5
- winner winner chicken dinner DonMet 503.4
- Hammerheads DanThox 502.05
- Turduckens JosephReix 501.6
- Ship it! Margrave 501.35
- Redshirted ME 2 DAVEAsr 500.35
- Theillmessiah A Theillmessiah 498.75
- CFNDUBB chewroo 498.45
- WEst ink jcamp1 496.65
- PLUMAS 11 TedHen 496.4
- KIMURA ME 4 Alex Blake 493.95
- FC Toast RonHacker 493.9
- 2 Gr8ts 4 THE GAME 2 Jay Reid 491.8
Any week in which you can score 238.85 points is big time, but it’s even better when it vaults you to the top spot in the 2017 Footballguys Players Championship. That was the story for Dallas Grimes’ KC Deacons this week as it now enjoys a 28.8-point lead over last week’s leader, Michael Cobb’s Boss Savage!! The Deacons not only had Gurley and Hunt, but Larry Fitzgerald (33.9), Kirk Cousins (30.45), Rob Gronkowski (26.9), Zach Ertz (23.5) and Pierre Garcon (21.2) as well. You can listen to Grimes discuss this teamand more on Friday’s HSFF Hour.
Kurt Kuekes’ Sedona Scorpions shot up to third place this week, 13.2 points behind Cobb, and Adam Grossman’s Atomb Bombs is currently sitting in fourth. You can hear Grossman on this week’s RotoViz High-Stakes Lowdown as well when it’s released Thursday morning. Coming in at fifth after three weeks of play is Hulking Out, owned by Don Kurjan.
Here is the list of the top-40 teams in the FPC going into Week 4:
- KC Deacons DallasGri 585.25
- Boss Savage!! MichaelCobb 556.45
- Sedona Scorpions XVII SUDZ 543.25
- Atom Bombs AdamGro 541.6
- Hulking Out donkurj 538.1
- Straight Cash Homie Bramult 532.1
- S2YB 10 dwainmcf 530.3
- Irish Goodbye Haby 528.55
- Ptery II MakeMonayMonay 521.95
- Spearmint Rhinos AlexanderBul 520.65
- GurlScout350 OHFBSCOUT 519.75
- Hogs Smell Good FPC MichaelCobb 519.25
- Brass Dragons HenryMuto 518.05
- AP15 Innlarry 515.5
- Str8CashHomey AuctionSports 515.3
- KEVINJOCO FBGPC VI KEVINJOCO 514.7
- Nat King Cobra IX powerpig 513.95
- Sexy Hardball jtleary4 513.7
- Redskins8791 redskins8791 513.4
- Nimrods KipLoc 512.4
- G&B Enterprises PaulGro 511.85
- 9/5 FBG Primetimeandydalton 511.35
- Mr Stats 3 MrStats 510.5
- Tootin’ Gluten Scrapman07 510.45
- Go Big Or Don’t Go At All J Henson 509.8
- BADGES, WE DON’T NEED NO STINKING BADGES MALLONS InVADERS 509.6
- All are Punished Esoteric 509.35
- 33 Jack CJH 508.65
- JD Harmeyer RonnieMund 508.25
- Nimrods KipLoc 507.1
- El Grande Machine moebeda 506.75
- 35 Heisenberg CJH 506.6
- Spearmint Rhinos AlexanderBul 506.3
- Cocktails and Dreams VI Chad Schroeder 506.3
- Cool Hand Book II mjb7177 505.85
- SkankHunt42 BPinATX 505.8
- Hammerheads 45 DanThox 504.05
- Hammerheads 34 DanThox 503.85
- Hammerheads 12 DanThox 502.95
- Wiley Tigers GregoryPig 502.15
A reminder that all FFPC Main Event, Footballguys Players Championship, Classic, Victory Point, Dynasty and other managed leagues have waivers TONIGHT, Wednesday, September 27th at 10 p.m. ET. A second weekly waiver period processes on Friday night at 10 p.m. ET.
- IMPORTANT: You can only get one player per bid group. Once you get a player in that group, all other bids are voided. If you want to get multiple players, you will need multiple bid groups and multiple players to drop.
- If you have multiple teams, please handle bidding with a single team in a single browser for now.
- Every team has $1,000 bidding dollars to spend. This needs to last for the entire season.
- There are no $0 bids, so please bid $1 or more.
To place bids:
- From the league home page, click on TEAM. You will see the Bid Groups section on your Set Lineup page.
- You can click on the ‘Create Bid Group’ button on the Set Lineup page to create a new group. From there you simply need to 1) add the player(s) to the group, 2) specify the bid amount for each player, 3) select the players to drop and 4) click Save.
- Bid groups can be copied and then edited as a new group.
- Bid amounts can be edited quickly and easily.
- Players are default sorted by 2017 stats and can be sorted by position.
- Don’t forget to include a player to drop in every bidding group.
Find a Free Agent Feature on MyTeams Page
If you are looking for a certain free agent, you can use the player search feature on the MyTeams page and it will tell you if he is rostered or not and who owns him. This is helpful for owners that have multiple teams and are looking for a priority free agent.
Waivers Open on Sundays at 9 a.m.
For the second straight week, Tom Brady led a high-stakes league team to the lead in the contest. This week, it was John Modaff’s and Tom Zoretic’s CHI-TOWN entry in the Off-The-Grid competition. Thanks to Brady’s 41.5, Jordan Howard’s 33.40, Hunt and Prater, CHI-TOWN notched a 171.9 in Week 3, which gives them 477.9 on the season. In addition to the weekly prizes in this format, the overall champion of this 12-team league will take home a $10,000 grand prize.
On Thursday morning, remember to check out Rotoviz Radio‘s The High-Stakes Lowdown podcast with Nelson Sousa taking Evan Engram and FAAB budget management and the fourth place team in the FPC Adam Grossman discussing Zero-RB and Stefon Digg’s rise.
You can check out a new episode of The High-Stakes Lowdown every Thursday on Rotoviz.com, Rotoviz Radio’s BlogTalkRadio channel or iTunes. I’d also encourage you to check out all of the other great podcasts that Rotoviz Radio has to offer including Fantasyland, a show that has already featured many FFPC players as well.
After three weeks of play in the 2017 Footballguys Players Championship, Dallas Grimes finds himself sitting in the driver’s seat for the $250,000 grand prize. Dave Gerczak and I quiz him on why he drafted six tight ends, including three in the first six rounds. Plus Grimes gives his thoughts on what he sees happening with both the Washington and Cincinnati offenses going forward.
The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour normally airs Friday nights at 10/9c. You can always catch the replay of our show on the Fantasy Sports Radio Network as well as terrestrial radio stations all over North America in syndication. Plus, on-demand streaming is available for listening anytime via iTunes, YouTube, Google Play, Stitcher Radio, TuneIn Radio, Spreaker, or Overcast as well.
If you look at the stats section for pass-catchers on your leagues, you’ll notice that Tgt/Gm is now displayed as a sortable column. Since many of you have requested it, we were able to add this on as another piece of information you can use right on the site as you place your bids and set your lineups.
Also, as a final bit of housekeeping this week, some players have asked why they cannot bid on David Johnson in certain leagues where he has been dropped. As previously announced, since his availability to be acquired later in the season could obviously have a negative impact on how leagues were are decided, he was automatically locked in any leagues he was dropped after Week 1.
The Fantasy Football Players Championship