2018/19 FFPC Playoff Challenge is now full and closed!
We are offering individual 20-team Playoff Mini Leagues.
Registrations close at 4:30pm ET. More information below.
- FFPC Playoff Mini Leagues run the length of the entire NFL playoff season starting on Saturday, January 5, 2019 with the Wild Card Weekend and ending on February 3, 2018 with the Superbowl.
- Entry fee: $200 per team
- Each league consists of 20 entries.
- Prizes are 1st – $2,000, 2nd – $1,000, 3rd – $400
- FFPC scoring rules are in effect. Leagues run from the first week of the NFL playoffs thru the Super Bowl
- There is no draft. Simply select your roster as described below
- Each team will consist of ten (10) NFL players in a FFPC starting roster format: 1-QB, 2-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-Flex, 1-K, 1-D (Flex can be RB, WR or TE)
- Each team will choose ten (10) players from any of the 12 NFL playoff teams but ONLY ONE PLAYER PER TEAM. To be clear, if you choose Tom Brady as your QB, you may NOT have any more Patriots players on your roster, including Kicker & Defense.
- All rosters will be locked on Saturday, January 5 at 4:30 pm ET. No further roster adjustments will be allowed even for players whose games start at a later time.
— The contest software should not allow you to enter two players from the same team but we encourage you to please double and triple-check your team(s) roster before the NFL playoffs kickoff on Wild Card Saturday.
— This will be your roster for the duration of the playoffs. There will not be any changes, substitutions or free agent pickups for any reason once rosters are locked at the start of the NFL playoffs. As NFL teams get knocked out of the playoffs, so will your players so draft your team accordingly.
— The 20 teams in each league will accumulate fantasy points for the duration of the contest. All teams begin the contest with a zero score.
— Each week’s score will be added to your team’s total and the Superbowl will count as DOUBLE the points. So instead of 1ppr it will be 2ppr, instead of 6 pts per TD, it will be 12 pts per TD, etc, etc. This is done to create a little more excitement the last game of the season and give teams a chance to make up a deficit in the standings. Teams with the highest accumulated point total after the Superbowl will be the winners.
— In the event of a tie between multiple teams, the prize money will be combined and evenly divided between the tied teams. So as an example, if two teams tie for 2nd place, these two teams will split 2nd and 3rd place money. In this case, with the prize awards being 2nd – $1,000 and 3rd – $400, each team will receive $700. If there are 3 teams tied, then 3 prize slots will be divided equally among the 3 teams, etc.
— The NFL playoffs are scheduled to begin Saturday, January 5, with the first game set to kickoff at approximately 4:30 pm Eastern. The deadline for roster and payment submission will be prior to the first playoff game but we encourage everyone to register and submit their rosters as soon as possible. You MUST have your roster submitted prior to the official start of the game. There will be no roster changes or edits after rosters are locked.
— The Playoff Mini Leagues will be hosted on the FFPC league management platform. Simply log into your FFPC account and register for the Playoff Leagues using a credit card or with existing funds in your account. Your Playoff Mini Leagues team(s) will appear on your MyTeams page.
— All rosters will be made public after the start of the first playoff game.
— Prize winnings from the 2018/19 Playoff Mini Leagues contest will be placed into the winner’s FFPC accounts at the conclusion of the contest and will become available for withdrawal. All withdrawals in excess of $600.00 will be reported to the IRS via a 1099 Form for the 2019 calendar year.
— All are welcome to play, not just FFPC participants and you may enter as many times as you wish but only 1 team per each Playoff Mini League
Trouble registering? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-898-FFPC for assistance
Scoring system overview:
- 4 pts for passing TDs, 6 pts for all other TDs
- 1 pt for every 20 yards passing
- -1 point for every interception thrown
- 1 point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving
- 1 pt per reception for RBs and WRs
- 1.5 pt per reception for TEs
- 2 points for 2-pt conversion
- 1 point for PAT conversion
- 3 points for every FG of 1-30 yards plus .1 point for every yard thereafter
- 1 pt for D/ST sack, 2 pts for all turnovers
- 6 pts for all D/ST touchdowns
- 2 points for every return after a blocked/failed extra point or failed two-point try (i.e. on an interception or fumble). [As per new NFL rules for 2015 season]
- 5 pts for every safety
- 12 points for every shutout
- 8 points for allowing between 1 – 6 points
- 5 points for allowing between 7 – 10 points
The starting lineups will consist of: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex Players (RB, WR or TE), 1 PK. 1 Team Defense/Special Team.
The following is the scoring system used for every player in FFPC. Scoring will be calculated to the hundredth of a point. Negative yardage will be counted as a negative score:
20 yards passing = 1 point (Divide total yards by 20. Example: 275 passing yards = 13.75 fantasy points)
Passing TD = 4 points
Interception thrown = Minus one point (-1).
2-point conversion = 2 points
10 yards rushing = 1 point (Divide total yards by 10. Example 126 rushing yards= 12.6 fantasy points)
Rushing TD = 6 points
2-point conversion = 2 points
10 yards receiving = 1 point (Divide total yards by 10. Example: 93 receiving yards = 9.3 fantasy points)
Receiving TD = 6 points
1 point per Reception for RB, WR, QB, K
1.5 points per Reception for TEs
2-point conversion = 2 points
Extra Point = 1 point
3 points for every FG of 1 – 30 yards plus .1 point for every yard thereafter.
Example: a 45-yard FG would be worth 4.5 points
Team Defense/Special Teams:
1 point for every sack
2 points for every team takeaway (interception or fumble recovery)***
6 points for every TD (via interception return, fumble return, punt or kickoff return, blocked FG return, missed FG return, blocked punt return)***
2 points for every return after a blocked/failed extra point or failed two-point try (i.e. on an interception or fumble). [As per new NFL rules for 2015 season]
5 points for every safety
12 points for every shutout **
8 points for allowing between 1- 6 points **
5 points for allowing between 7 – 10 points **
** Any points scored against a team counts towards their defensive points allowed, whether the scoring came by an offensive, defensive or special team score.
FFPC implements Action scoring for all touchdowns. A TD scored in any way by an individual player is awarded to that player whether he is on offense, defense or special teams, whether that TD came as a result of a fumble, interception, double turnover***, lateral, special teams or any other football play. To reiterate: If a player scores a TD during a game and he is in your starting roster, you are awarded 6 points. (The exception is when a quarterback throws a passing touchdown. Those are awarded as 4 points.) Please note that this scoring is separate and unrelated from any points which Team Defense/Special Teams may also receive for this TD.
No rushing or receiving yards will be awarded for a TD scored on a fumble, interception, kickoff or punt return.
Touchdowns scored by the offensive team as a result of Fake FG, Fake Punt, Blocked FG or Blocked Punt do not count as Defensive/Special Teams scoring.
*** A double-turnover is when the Offense turns the ball over to the opposing Defense, which subsequently turns the ball over back to the Offense. In this case, neither the Offense’s ball recovery nor any subsequent TD scoring on that particular play are scored as Defensive/Special Team scoring for that team. Defensive team fantasy points for touchdowns, fumble recoveries and interceptions are ONLY scored when the defensive unit is on the field.
*** A fumble by an offensive player through the opposing end zone resulting in a touch-back is not considered a team takeaway and will not award 2 fantasy points for the Team Defense/Special Teams.
2018/19 Playoff Mini Leagues Prize Structure
The Playoff Min Leagues each consist of 20-teams. Each league must fill or will be cancelled.
Please refer to Terms & Conditions for eligibility, prohibited players and other game rules.