Don Metter’s winner winner chicken dinner continues to live up to its name in the 2017 FFPC Main Event, as his lineup tallied a 177.05 in Week 8 to stay atop of the contest. DeAndre Hopkins’ 36.4 led the way, but Jamison Crowder’s 22.5, Mark Ingram’s 21.9, Carson Wentz’s 20.25 and Matt Prater’s 20 all helped Metter hold his lead over second-place Matt Berman’s MB Squad that was in sixth last week.
Ron Hacker’s Cracker Packers fell one spot to third, while William Bragg’s Gridiron Mojo vaulted from eighth to fourth. Monty Phan’s Straight Outta Whatcom entry also ascended from 13th to the top-five this week.
For a look at the top 20 teams in the Main Event, check out the list below:
- winner winner chicken dinner DonMet 1322.55
- MB Squad mtb821 1290.1
- Cracker Packers RonHacker 1267.9
- Gridiron Mojo WilliamBra 1261.9
- Straight Outta Whatcom MatthewJon 1252.25
- Redshirted ME 2 DAVEAsr 1248.9
- Sloppy Sunday akamiller 1242.5
- Who Wants IV? JoeStux 1240.25
- Cocktails and Dreams VII Chad Schroeder 1239.45
- We Diggs yo Girl theluckyshow 1239.2
- Mother of Dragons 2 nelsonver 1238.95
- Royale with Cheese DarrenSum 1232.2
- UB 1 BrianPet 1229.05
- O’Doyle Rules TomWen 1227.85
- 8th Wonder slaner 1224.3
- Old School TebowTime 1223.85
- Roger Goodell has a Big Butt bubmack 1223.2
- Wyld Stallyns Jack Haan 1216.1
- 2 Gr8ts 4 THE GAME 2 Jay Reid 1215.7
- Amish Rake Fight ME2 GiuseppeLia 1212
While his Boss Savage!! team suffered its first loss in heart-breaking fashion, Michael Cobb can take solace that his squad is still leading the 2017 Footballguys Players Championship overall. In a down week for Cobb, Wentz was his only 20 plus-point scorer, but he still has 37.9 points separating him from second place UMNRaider, owned by Matthew Puskarich,
Thanks to a massive 212.1 Week 8 score, Robert Abbott’s Rum_Ham 6 out shot up 27 places to third overall. Adam Grossman’s Atom Bombs remained in fourth again and John Phillips’ JD Harmeyer’s entry went from seventh to fifth after eight weeks of football.
Here is the list of the top-40 teams in the FPC heading into Week 9:
- Boss Savage!! MichaelCobb 1360
- UMNRaider FPCR UMNRaider 1322.1
- Rum_Ham 6 out rabbott411 1308.6
- Atom Bombs AdamGro 1300.25
- JD Harmeyer RonnieMund 1295.35
- Addie KurtPau 1295.05
- Ball So Hard Ryan Pohle 1294.95
- KC Deacons DallasGri 1289.4
- Ptery III MakeMonayMonay 1287.75
- Ptery II MakeMonayMonay 1284.75
- Muncie Jeds Blue megapowers 1282.5
- Wiley Tigers GregoryPig 1281.2
- GPMP Stars Theillmessiah 1279.65
- Sideline Sage RogerGon 1275.7
- Jb/Ib10 ybwz 1274.15
- Killer Canaries DavidD13 1274
- Jagaloons Robbnoye 1273.55
- Edward Toilethands odabashian 1270.8
- Spaghetti and Lo Mein Pinnacle4ever 1270.25
- Alley Cat 2 Bandit 1268.5
- Serenity Now RickRam 1268.05
- Ramathorn 730 Irondog4 1266.75
- LandsharkFC1 JD14 1265.85
- G&B Enterprises PaulGro 1263.65
- S2YB 10 dwainmcf 1263.45
- Czar Lahr Czar Lahr 1263.25
- AP13 Innlarry 1262.7
- TIGER 21 Sunshine 1259.05
- HMMC MichaelCobb 1257
- 1.21 Jigawatts SteveSchx 1255
- Brass Dragons HenryMuto 1252.9
- Cock-of-the-Rock MichaelCobb 1252.2
- Irish Curtain kbarnhardt 1249.1
- AP15 Innlarry 1247.85
- MEAN MACHINE CoachBiggie 1244.3
- KEVINJOCO FBGPC IV KEVINJOCO 1243.7
- lion makilabraham 1242.45
- KC Deacons DallasGri 1240.15
- Footballigans Agrich 1238
- Master of your Domain poker304 1237.95
Join David A. Gerczak and me this Friday night at 10/9c as we take a peek into the latest developments in both the 2017 Footballguys Players Championship and the 2017 Fantasy Football Players Championship Main Event, too!
The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour normally airs Friday nights at 10/9c. You can always catch the replay of our show on the Fantasy Sports Radio Network as well as terrestrial radio stations all over North America in syndication. Plus, on-demand streaming is available for listening anytime via iTunes, YouTube, Google Play, Stitcher Radio, TuneIn Radio, Spreaker, or Overcast as well.
Tomorrow morning, remember to check out Rotoviz Radio‘s The High-Stakes Lowdown podcast with Shelly Fossum, a winner of more than $15,000 in the FFPC alone. She and I discuss what the rest of the season holds for JuJu Smith-Schuster, how many championship teams Marlon Mack will be on and more. Plus David Hubbard, the 2016 FFPC Main Event co-champ, breaks down the Jay Ajayi and Kevin Benjamin trades for you as well.
You can check out a new episode of The High-Stakes Lowdown every Thursday on Rotoviz.com, Rotoviz Radio’s BlogTalkRadio channel or iTunes. I’d also encourage you to check out all of the other great podcasts that Rotoviz Radio has to offer including Fantasyland, a show that has already featured many FFPC players as well.
After eight weeks of action, Chad Schroeder and Brody Brown have taken over the leads in each Varsity League we have this season.
Over in Varsity League #1, Schroeder’s Cocktails and Dreams is holding a 17-point lead over second-place Left or Right? I forgot, owned by Todd Range and Richard Moore. Schroeder’s 165.8 Week 8 score makes his season-long tally 1,134. His lineup was led by Russell Wilson (40.6) and Travis Kelce (29.8).
In Varsity #2, Brown’s Das Coffee entry was able to tally a 139.85 this past week thanks to Jamison Crowder’s 22.5 and Harrison Butker’s 21.8. Brown’s squad has scored 1,111 points on the season, good enough to hold an 18-point lead over Larry Weinhauer’s Troy’s Boys team. The first place winner in each of these total points leagues will cash a $20,000 prize.
With six teams on bye for the second straight week, the waiver wire is going to be pounded relentlessly tonight. Here are the teams that are out of action this weekend:
- Los Angeles Chargers
- New England
And for a look at last week’s waiver details, check out the results at the link to Fantasy Mojo below:
Wanna get a jump-start for next year? You can sign up now to draft online or live, in-person at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Las Vegas. Enter the 2018 Main Event early for best discount! Register before the Early Bird Deadline on Monday, May 30, 2018 and receive $100 off the first team, $300 off for each additional team.
Next year’s Main Event features 35 online draft times spread over nine daysas well as seven live draft times starting Thursday and going through Saturday the day before the 2018 NFL season begins.
Teams may be reserved with a simple $200 deposit or full payment. Multiple team discount will be auto-applied. Simply click on JOIN button to receive the discounted pricing. Each early bird entry becomes eligible for a drawing into the coveted FFPC Pros vs Joes Challenge.
Even if injuries or other issues derailed your 2017 season, make sure you are still setting your lineups! Please don’t anger the fantasy gods, and keep karma on your side for 2018 by being competitive this weekend the rest of the season. 🙂
The Fantasy Football Players Championship