What a fantasy bonanza it was this past weekend in the 2019 FFPC Main Event. When the dust settled, we allsaw Peter Smith’s Vertical Limit team shooting up 17 spots into first place with a 20-plus point lead he holds over Micah Bailey’s Sopapilla Kings. Leading the way for Smith was Aaron Jones (49.2), Christian McCaffrey (47.7), Deshaun Watson (46), Allen Robinson (28.7) and Cooper Kupp (26.7).
eddie and the boys–run by Bob Buonopane–also vaulted up this week, moving from 17th to third with Chris Hamman’s Sky coming out of nowhere to take over fourth place. Rounding out the top five heading into Week 6 is another team that moved way up the leaderboard. Bob MacGilvray now sees his fargo team just over 40 points from the overall lead.
For a look at the top 20 teams in the Main Event, check out the list below:
- Vertical Limit 2 PeterSmi 952.1
- Sopapilla Kings MDBaileyMD 930.5
- eddie and the boys champ206 911.55
- Sky CJH 908.75
- fargo BobMac 907.3
- CheapThieves2 green100b 902.85
- Cocktails & Dreams LI Chad Schroeder 902.5
- Altadena Assassin-ME 5 SUDZ 900.95
- Icemen II rstrick33 900.2
- north of the fork Northfork7 897.7
- Ezzell Brothers 8 BillEzz 896.35
- STLCREW2 STL CREW 894.25
- ME5 Winna 893.4
- Juggernaut psiconolfi 891.45
- Mikie Likes It JohnLas 891.15
- Altadena Assassin-ME 7 SUDZ 887.85
- Lunkers GrahamDaw 884.35
- The King of Salem erikwah 882.65
- Cocktails & Dreams XXXII Chad Schroeder 882.4
- Smitty42 AsaAle 881.3
A new team has taken the throne in the 2019 Footballguys Players Championship, and it is Chris Vincent’s JUGGERNAUT now ahead of Smooth As Butter–owned by Nelson Sousa–by 14.4 points. In addition to McCaffrey and Watson, Vincent also got nice scores from Chris Godwin (31.5) and Austin Ekeler (24.3) en route to his 210.7 score in Week 5.
Infelicis, which is managed by Grange Coffin, ascend four spots to third with Robert Pfersich’s Just Win Baby rising 22 spots into fourth. Completing this week’s top five is Hopkins,Kupp,Edelman,and Hill run by Tom Turney as the FPC turns the page to Week 6.
Here is the list of the top-40 teams in the FPC heading into the weekend:
- JUGGERNAUT I ChrisVin 979.9
- Smooth As Butter NelsonSou 965.5
- Infelicis GrangeCofx 946.75
- Just Win Baby rpfersich 941.5
- Hopkins,Kupp,Edelman,and Hill tomchief 940
- Lukewarm Rout BigOleTDs 937.55
- Ground & Pound DannyMueller 933.9
- Epic Common Sense Wizard DHub 932.15
- Thugs kjl 927.55
- Wilshire Stars kpv1116 926.75
- ShawnCheatz4Reel RaiderKev 920.05
- It’s A TWIX! They’re All TWIX! It Was A Setup! K-4 918.9
- Pink Stripes Mr. Eric 917.1
- BigWons 6 StephenRan 915.15
- Uriah Heep MichaelMan 914.85
- Peoples Champ archlol 914.5
- Impact Crater HudsonKer 914.15
- Pow Pow Bicky 912.2
- Storm bquerbes 910
- Longmire 3 drobert 909.5
- LandSharks BethRic 908.95
- Pancakes and Waffles Slickrick 908.7
- Below the Shin bradblackandgold 904.3
- Pink Stripes Mr. Eric 903.3
- Villians2 jvolpe68 903.15
- zeke’s team13 zekeer 903.1
- Watty’s Legends Wattymcwatfry 902.7
- Godfather 3 The Godfather 901.55
- RAY may DECKER 3 Ronnie Renner 901.2
- Lebo Legend Lebo Legend 899.9
- BigWons 13 StephenRan 898.35
- JANN 1 Sunshine 897.35
- wegonwin 2 skywalka2001 897.25
- lion makilabraham 896.25
- Scott Lang TimKru 895
- Late Round Flyer II sa2150 893.15
- Cubs Win BethRic 892.9
- Recovering Drew’s JubJub 891.85
- Rum_Ham 18 and Life robabb4 891.5
- KIMURA 09 Chris Holland 891.45
If you have any Bills, Colts, Raiders or Bears, get them out of your lineups this weekend players, as the first four-team bye week has hit the fantasy schedule. Use waivers or your bench to plug those lineup holes!
Sean and Scott Bosely’s Darth Tater entry ran up a 202.35 score this past weekend in the 2019 FFPC Bare Knuckle Challenge, and now hold a 13-point lead over the second-place Esquires entry, owned by Bo Berman. The Boselys saw Kyler Murray’s 27.95 lead the way, but also received big games from Matt Breida (27.9), Kupp and Gerald Everett (24.1).
This draft took place live after the opening game in Las Vegas on Thursday night at Planet Hollywood. Players were not allowed to use any device, cheat sheets or any other draft aid as all 336 picks needed to be selected strictly from memory. The champ will take home a $4,500 prize in this 12-team league.
In case you have any questions or want to check something at a moment’s notice, I will be including this section of the email every week. While you are ramping up for the 2019 season, consider this your guide to all things FFPC:
Check out this week’s Rotoviz Radio‘s The High-Stakes Lowdown podcast on Thursday to hear from Billy Metcalf, a five-time league champ in last year’s Footballguys Players Championship, and who currently has two teams in the top-60 in this year’s field. We discuss the interesting reason why he wasn’t concerned with Cooper Kupp’s ACL recovery, why Austin Hooper was a great value for him in drafts this year and much more. You can download or stream the episode here as soon as it is posted tomorrow morning.
You can always check out a new episode of The High-Stakes Lowdown every Thursday on Rotoviz.com and Apple Podcasts. I’d also encourage you to check out all of the other great podcasts that Rotoviz Radio has to offer, too.
Also, don’t miss the HSFF Hour live Friday night at 10/9c with hosts David A. Gerczak and yours truly. We’ll give you the latest info from around the league as you all insert your waiver claims into your starting lineups in the 2019 FFPC Main Event and give you the best start/sit advice we can. Plus we answer your calls, emails and tweets and more on The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour!
The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour normally airs Friday nights at 10/9c, and the next episode can be heard here. You can hang out with the high stakes players in the show’s chat room if you want to listen live. Plus, on-demand streaming is available for listening anytime via the HSFF Hour website, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, TuneIn Radio, Spreaker, Overcast and PodBean on your iPhone or Android device as well.
The Fantasy Football Players Championship