Not in the Championship Round? Not to worry! Registrations are live for the 2017-18 World Famous FFPC Playoff Challenge. Don’t forget that you’ll be able to apply your regular season winnings in your account right now to the Playoff Challenge as well.
NEW THIS YEAR: We’ve added more than $120,000 to the prize pool and will pay out an additional 150 more places than we did last season!
The main details of the Challenge are listed below:
- Entry fee: $200 per team
- Contest capped at a maximum of 3,500 entries
- $100,000 Grand Prize
- More than $600,000 in guaranteed prizes paying down to 550th place
- Contest runs from start of the NFL playoffs thru the Super Bowl
- Each team consists of 10 players in an FFPC starting roster format
- Each team chooses from 12 playoff teams but only 1 per team
- All rosters will be locked on Saturday, January 6th at 4:35pm ET
- No roster adjustments will be allowed even for games starting later
- For more details, see the full rules and payout structure on the contest page linked right here.
The FFPC Main Event and Footballguys Players Championship will hold their 12-team title games this weekend. Since the Championship Round will begin in Week 14, here is a quick refresher on how to still qualify if you have not already:
- Any #3 or #4 seed that wins its league championship game will advance to the FFPC/FPC Championship Round in weeks 14-6.
- All #1 and #2 seeds have already qualified for the Championship Round that begins in Week 14.
- This is the final week of waivers for all playoff teams in both the FFPC Main Event and Footballguys Players Championship. Spend those dollars. You can’t take them with you.
- All playoff teams that do not make the Championship Round will go to the Consolation Round. Remember to continue to manage your teams and set lineups through Week 16.
Jannet Thomas-Dodds normally wears her grandmother hat in her day-to-day life, but right now she is wearing the hat of the second place team overall in the 2017 Footballguys Players Championship. She joins David A. Gerczak and me to talk about how she put this team together, what she thinks about Josh Gordon the rest of the way and how she was able to go 4-for-4 in her FPC semifinals last week. Plus we’ll take a look at the championship matchups in the 2017 Fantasy Football Players Championship Main Event and much more!
The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour normally airs Friday nights at 10/9c. You can always catch the replay of our show on the Fantasy Sports Radio Network as well as terrestrial radio stations all over North America in syndication. Plus, on-demand streaming is available for listening anytime via iTunes, YouTube, Google Play, Stitcher Radio, TuneIn Radio, Spreaker, or Overcast as well.
Headlining this week’s edition of Rotoviz Radio‘s The High-Stakes Lowdown podcast is Mike Foresta, a career winner of more than $10,000 in the FFPC and owner of a top-40 team in this year’s FPC and a top-100 team in the Main Event. In the episode, we discuss how he was able to manage his Footballguys team nearly to the top even after picking David Johnson at 1.01, Kenyan Drake’s Week 13 role and who is 2018 #1 tight end is. Plus 2016 FFPC Main Event co-champ David Hubbard dishes on Martavis Bryant and JuJu Smith-Schuster and his advice for new players in the Championship Round for the first time.
You can check out a new episode of The High-Stakes Lowdown every Thursday on Rotoviz.com, Rotoviz Radio’s BlogTalkRadio channel or iTunes. I’d also encourage you to check out all of the other great podcasts that Rotoviz Radio has to offer including Fantasyland, a show that has already featured many FFPC players as well.
The latest update over in the Terminator Tournament has Peter Buckwalter’s BullRuns holding a 33.5-point lead over Biplab Mandal’s Captain Underpants squad. Buckwalter’s tandem of Le’Veon Bell (30.3) and Josh McCown (30.15) helped him to a 170.25 Week 12 score.
Following Mandal in the standings is Howard Kaplan’s Dazed and Confused, which trails Mandal’s entry by 22.2 points. Each owner in this 204-team tourney is forced to cut one player each week until Week 16 when they will be left with 10 players in their final starting lineup of the season. The overall winner will cash a $10,000 first place prize.
Here’s a look at the top 10 Terminator teams going into Week 13:
- BullRuns bullruns 2058.15
- Captain Underpants biplabmandal 2024.65
- Dazed and Confused howkap 2002.45
- Cocktails and Dreams Chad Schroeder 1996.4
- Forte Yard Dash Codypup 1989.45
- Benjy Bronk RonnieMund 1979.65
- vcstaff 2 vcstaff2 1978.9
- Blitzers DannyMue 1963.8
- Magglios Gross Naked People Magglio 1962.75
- The Dude Abides JT300 1962.4
As another short reminder, the four playoff teams in each league will have an opportunity to bid on players both Wednesday and Friday again this week for the last time this season. After that, the waiver wire will lock until 2018. Bids will be processed and awarded at the normal time of 10 p.m. ET both Wednesday and Friday of this week. Time to empty out those FAAB budgets, all!
The FFPC and FPC utilize Sportradar, the official stats provider for the NFL. This includes all stat changes that could be announced and finalized as late as Friday. So if you were involved in a close head-to-head match-up in your league semi-final game this past weekend, please remember that the results will not be final until Friday because of potential stat changes that could impact those match-ups. Make sure you set your lineup just in case!
Our co-founder Dave Gerczak’s daughter Ella is doing a research project on public/private high school education. It would help a TON if anyone seeing this post could take about 90 seconds to respond to this 15 question survey: Public Vs. Private School 90-Second Survey
The Fantasy Football Players Championship