With just one week to go in the regular season portion of the 2017 FFPC Main Event, 2010 Main Event champ Don Metter remains the class of the competition, averaging more than 160 points per week. It was Mark Ingram’s 31.1 and Eli Manning’s 21.65 that helped him stay atop everyone else in Week 10. Monty Phan’s Straight Outta Whatcom shot up four places to be the closest team in the field to Metter right now.
Eric Randall probably is not as upset about his draft time anymore as his “I guess we are stuck drafting on Thursday at 12:30” ascended 14 spots to third with Bo Berman’s Esquires flipping spots with Joe Stutesman’s Who Wants IV? squad to complete the top five.
For a look at the top 20 teams in the Main Event, check out the list below:
- winner winner chicken dinner DonMet 1607.95
- Straight Outta Whatcom MatthewJon 1583.2
- I guess we are stuck drafting on Thursday at 12:30 nsusaint 1548.1
- Esquires 1 bo berman 1539.85
- Who Wants IV? JoeStux 1530.25
- Cracker Packers RonHacker 1528.85
- O’Doyle Rules TomWen 1521.1
- UB 1 BrianPet 1519.8
- Team Zwickel gzwick26 1515.8
- Terminal Gravity MANCL 1515.05
- Redshirted ME 2 DAVEAsr 1513.35
- Gridiron Mojo WilliamBra 1512.65
- Cocktails and Dreams VII Chad Schroeder 1511
- Royale with Cheese DarrenSum 1501.05
- GDF ErikH 1500.4
- Laces Out DannyGipx 1499.85
- Smokin Acces cmdi041 1499.1
- MB Squad mtb821 1498.1
- Mother of Dragons 2 nelsonver 1497.6
- Naked Boot Legs 2 ShellyFos 1494.7
Michael Cobb had an off week this week with only 122.25 points, more than 40 points less than his weekly average of 164 in the 2017 Footballguys Players Championship. However, he still remains 34.3 points ahead of second place Robert Abbott’s Rum_Ham 6 out. Matthew Stafford (25.15), Alvin Kamara (24.8) and Christian McCaffrey (20) led the way for Cobb as only one week stands between him and the regular season points title.
Gregory Pignatelli’s Wiley Tigers remained in third after our tenth week of play while Robb Noye’s Jagaloons vaulted up from 18th to fourth. Jannet Thomas-Dodds’ TIGER 21 also went up from seventh to round out the competition’s top-five teams.
Here is the list of the top-40 teams in the FPC heading into Week 11:
- Boss Savage!! MichaelCobb 1642.3
- Rum_Ham 6 out rabbott411 1608
- Wiley Tigers GregoryPig 1591.35
- Jagaloons Robbnoye 1589.1
- TIGER 21 Sunshine 1587.35
- Ptery III MakeMonayMonay 1584.05
- Addie KurtPau 1583.55
- Irish Curtain kbarnhardt 1583.15
- BearJew & Donkey VI EricYou 1582.2
- AP15 Innlarry 1579.45
- Ramathorn 730 Irondog4 1577
- Footballigans Agrich 1571.9
- UMNRaider FPCR UMNRaider 1566.3
- Czar Lahr Czar Lahr 1566.2
- Black & Gold David77901 1564.25
- Atom Bombs AdamGro 1563.55
- Killer Canaries DavidD13 1563.2
- Serenity Now RickRam 1562.4
- Sideline Sage RogerGon 1558.75
- GPMP Stars Theillmessiah 1555.95
- Jb/Ib10 bo berman 1555.85
- MEAN MACHINE CoachBiggie 1555.75
- 1.21 Jigawatts SteveSchx 1554.1
- lion makilabraham 1549.8
- Other Side of the Pillow dcupps2000 1546.65
- G&B Enterprises PaulGro 1541.25
- Straight Cash Homie Bramult 1538.15
- Ptery II MakeMonayMonay 1537.7
- Hulking Out donkurj 1536.75
- Whodat4 AndrewRes 1536.6
- 72 Dolphins FreddyK78 1535.5
- Cock-of-the-Rock MichaelCobb 1535.2
- StuPrice Marcelreece 1534.75
- Hagar01 wjwien 1533.4
- iWin Lattimer 1533.3
- JettsonDean joshnco9 1532.15
- AP13 Innlarry 1531.05
- Muncie Jeds Blue megapowers 1525.1
- Spaghetti and Lo Mein Pinnacle4ever 1524.95
- EricPaul EricPaul 1524
Currently sitting in second place overall in the 2017 Footballguys Players Championship is Robert Abbott, and he joins the show with David A. Gerczak and me to discuss his stretgy in managing that team nearly to the top. The guys also discuss the new quarterbacks in Arizona and Buffalo, the opportunity in front of Samaje Perine and much more. Plus we examine the 2017 Fantasy Football Players Championship Main Event with one week left to go in the regular season as well.
The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour normally airs Friday nights at 10/9c. You can always catch the replay of our show on the Fantasy Sports Radio Network as well as terrestrial radio stations all over North America in syndication. Plus, on-demand streaming is available for listening anytime via iTunes, YouTube, Google Play, Stitcher Radio, TuneIn Radio, Spreaker, or Overcast as well.
Tomorrow morning, remember to check out Rotoviz Radio‘s The High-Stakes Lowdown podcast with Justin McCord, a former overall champion in the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship and the owner of two 9-1 teams in the FFPC Main Event and Footballguys Players Championship. He joins me to discuss the high bust rate of early round picks this season, how viable Josh Doctson and Sterling Shepard will be down the stretch and his 34th place team in the Main Event. Plus 2016 Main Event champ David Hubbard drops in to share some stories of the grind of managing so many teams and the rise of Austin Ekeler in the Chargers backfield.
You can check out a new episode of The High-Stakes Lowdown every Thursday on Rotoviz.com, Rotoviz Radio’s BlogTalkRadio channel or iTunes. I’d also encourage you to check out all of the other great podcasts that Rotoviz Radio has to offer including Fantasyland, a show that has already featured many FFPC players as well.
Jeff Tirabassi’s Cornfins squad now leads the Big Payback #1 as we head to Week 11 of the season. His 27 victory points and 1380.85 points were shaped by Kamara, Jimmy Graham (23.7), Marcus Mariota (21.3) and Davante Admas (20) over the weekend.
Over in Big Payback #2, Chad Schroeder’s Cocktails and Dreams continue to stay ahead of everyone else with 31 victory points and 1486.35 points on the season. Adam Thielen’s 30.6, Kamara, Wilson and Larry Fitzgerald’s 21.3 led the way for the former Main Event champ.
Blake Bohn and Aalok Arora also remained in first place in Big Payback #3. Thanks to Wilson, Golden Tate (21.7) and McCaffrey’s performances in Week 10, the duo has tallied 29 victory points and 1362.65 points for the year. Each champion in these three 12-team leagues will pocket $25,000 at the end of the year.
I hope you’re as thrilled as I am that we no longer have to worry about bye weeks for the remainder of the season after this weekend. Here are the teams that are out of action in Week 11. This completes your bye week issues for 2017:
- New York Jets
- San Francisco
And for a look at last week’s waiver wire results, check out the stats at the link to the Fantasy Mojo site below:
One of the most important weeks of the season is upon us, as the FFPC Main Event and the FPC hold our final regular season games. Remember, the playoff seeds are determined by the following criteria:
- The team with the best record
- The remaining team with the highest point total
- The remaining team with the best record
- The remaining team with the highest point total
As you can see, points are huge this week. Teams with losing records could make the playoffs if they score enough points, so make sure you are finishing out your season strong. If you look at both contests, there are still a lot of teams in contention for a playoff spot heading into Week 11. And even if your squad doesn’t move on to the playoffs, you will start accruing points for the Toilet Bowl competition beginning in Week 12.
As a reminder, you can see the Playoff bracket by clicking on the PLAYOFF tab on the league home page, next to the STANDINGS tab.
As a reminder, QBs, RBs, WRs and TEs which are cut during Week 10, Week 11 and Week 12 free agent bidding processes will be REMOVED from the free agent pool and may not be re-acquired by any team for the remainder of the season. Dropped defenses and kickers will still be available for acquisition. This is done to minimize the possibility of potential collusion.
And as a reminder, even if injuries or other issues derailed your 2017 season, make sure you are still setting your lineups! Please don’t anger the fantasy gods, and keep karma on your side for 2018 by being competitive this weekend the rest of the season. 🙂
Good luck in your bids tonight players, and I’ll see you in the chat room Friday night!
The Fantasy Football Players Championship